Nov 22, 2009

NFT: II

PAST:

Friday:

-got up and went to the archives of the Design Museum of Zurich, listened to a great talk about some of the Swiss pieces she pulled out for us
-mechanical of Herbert Matter's, works by Jan Tschicold and many others, Sagmeister's biz card in person, Univers sample book, BEAUTIFUL book designed by Irma Boom, looked like a big black cube.. mm.
-had to by myself a copy of that book from the Design Museum shop... it was too nice to pass up, even though it made my backpack so much heavier.
-tasty soup for lunch
-then.. ROSEMARIE TISSI, of Odermatt and Tissi.
-She was so cute! used a slide projector with real slides, talked a lot about her currency project
-"I don't know, don't ask me that," I'm totally using that in reference to my design decisions sometime. If she can, I can, right?
-then, explored Zurich a little bit
-found a super cute park with swings, and old men playing giant chess games
-found the lake, definitely made me feel better about Zurich, as we'd only really seen industrial areas.
-wandered around the older part of Zurich, found where Rosemarie's Studio was

Saturday:
-train ride back to Milan: through the Alps, it was absolutely gorgeous! Mountains, lakes, trees, countryside!
-about an hour in the train station, then bus to the airport
-long wait at the airport, but we ate bagel sandwiches (first time I've seen a bagel around)
-flight to Stockholm, getting a bus to town was ridiculously easy and cheap
-when to our hostel, which was a funny building on the top of a hill just outside of the main part of town. Meghann said it reminded her of some Jet Li movie. It was the skinniest room ever, only wide enough for two twin beds, with no room between them, or them and the walls. There were no windows, either. BUT, the beds were SO COMFORTABLE Meghann and I had lots of trouble getting up in the morning (not that this is really a new thing, but it was way worse than normal.. so comfy...


PRESENT:
I love Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment