Dec 13, 2009

one week

I only have one more week in Rome, now, and that's rather sad. I'm ready to come home, but partially that's because I'm tired of working on schoolwork, and partially because I miss people from Ames (and I miss being around people that aren't all designers...). Even though I'm ready to go home, I'm really going to miss Rome. It's been an interesting semester, for sure, and I'm sad to leave it behind. It'll be really strange to go back to Ames now, for sure. It'll be weird that it's pretty quiet and that there isn't really all that much there. It'll be freezing, too, brr!

I've mostly been stuck in the computer lab trying to finish up my projects before our exhibition on Wednesday, and for the most part they're coming okay. Even though I've been working hard, I've still been trying to go do things as well. This morning was the last time going to the Sunday market.. sad because it almost became a Sunday ritual (usually then followed by grocery shopping.. made me feel like your Sunday grocery rituals, mom, haha!). I think I went to the market every Sunday I was in Rome except maybe the first one?

I've still got a list of things I haven't done yet, but definitely need to before I go home. Luckily, I should have all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to see things a last time, see things I haven't yet (shame!) and wrap up all loose ends....The goal is to finish all my work on Tues. night so we can go to the zoo during the day on Wednesday. Other than that, with my last few days, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do. There are a couple museums I haven't been to yet, that I'll definitely have to visit!

I've been managing fine without my computer, but I'm stuck in the computer lab for a long time. I don't usually like to work in the same place all day, so it's frustrating to be stuck here. I'd also much rather be in the studio room with everyone else. It's a little bit hard when I go home and everyone else is still on their computer and I don't have much to do. Since everyone is trying to finish their projects too, they don't really want to take many breaks. At least I should only have to use the computer for a couple more days, then I won't have to worry about it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment