Sep 14, 2009

ah, class.

I guess it's been about a week now since I've last written, but I'm definitely starting to get in the swing of things here, with class and finding my way around and such.

Within the last week:
-Went to the market at Campo de' Fiori

-Have now been to all my classes...

-starting to work on my italian basics

-for general studio, started visiting/sketching at Villa Borghese for my identity project (I think I've now spent about two days there, that's the plan for tomorrow, too. I really enjoy spending time there, but I sometimes wish I had picked somewhere that would be a lot easier to just pop by for an hour or so once in a while. At the same time, though, it's good to get away from traffic and people rushing around.

-for packaging, worked on building prototypes. nice to do something somewhat mindless...

-my art history class is probably going to be the most interesting one I have ever taken, since walking tours make everything better, and besides that, Terry Kirk is very enthusiastic, graceful, energetic, passionate.. plus he has a funny mustache. If he can make poured concrete interesting (which he can), I'm totally loving it.

-for type class, starting class with a 1,000 paced walk from the Pantheon is always a good start. hopefully the project will be fun too

-had an interesting attempt at going out in Rome, involving strange bars and lots of walking, but so glad the tram was still running when we were coming back...

-went to the Porta Portese market again on Sunday, got 3 scarves for 1,50! Super excited about that.. and some books to use for altered books of a sort. It's probably good that I don't have all the supplies I need yet, otherwise that's all I would do...

For the future:
-have now had two failed attempts at planning trips, but hopefully will go on at least one day trip out of town this weekend to make up for it.. it's a completely free weekend and I need to do something with it!

-spend more time at Villa Borghese, hopefully some relaxing while I'm there, too.

-gelato. I don't think I've had it for at least an entire week... (so long, I know, but I feel like I should take advantage of it while I'm here.)

-do something with the books I bought at the market.

-cookin' dinner for the whole apartment tomorrow.. tortellini, mmmm.

-MORE EXPLORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment