Sep 6, 2009

been doin' plenty more 'splorin'

I've been doing a lot more exploring, finishing up this scavenger hunt of sites to pick a focus for our big corporate identity project..

So, in total, I've now been to Pantheon Square, the Jewish Ghetto, Campo de Fiori (on the ONLY DAY there is not a market...), Tiber Island, Piazza della Bocca della Verita, Capitoline Hill, Piazza del Popolo, and Villa Borghese.

Villa Borghese was the one that totally grabbed me and I absolutely loved it, but I'm a little wary of choosing it since it's so far away.. and that it's so huge. But, I did really like it, and I would love to go back.

We also adventured to the beach... and it WAS quite the adventure. We got so lost and confused trying to find our way there, it took us three hours to get there, which was about twice as long as it should have. But, it was relaxing and therefore worth it, even if we didn't get there until really late.

We might try to head back again, might as well try to do as much relaxing things while we don't have too much to worry about for class yet. It's actually (dare I say it?) a bit cooler today, with the high to be only around 80.

Goal for the near future: to go to the market. I definitely need to get groceries sometime in the next couple of days, and I would love to by some produce at a market. Perhaps tomorrow, since I don't have class until 3:30? I also need to get back into the swing of cooking, and get a little bit more creative. I also need to figure out how the oven works, so I can do some baked dishes too, but I'm a little bit terrified to just start sticking lit matches into random places... it's definitely not something I've done before, to light my stove/oven with matches...

2 comments:

  1. can you get a bike?

    just curious...

    uncle frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, there is bike rental a bunch of places, I just can't figure out how it works yet... someday, hopefully? It would be a little terrifying riding around with the drivers here, I'm not sure I trust them too much.

    ReplyDelete