Sep 5, 2009

Oded Ezer is coming?!

yes, he is, for our second workshop, which I'm totally thrilled about!


After hearing about our projects and our trips this semester, I'm totally excited! One packaging workshop with Primo Angeli, one typography workshop with Oded Ezer... South field trip to Naples, Sorrento, and Pompeii, North field trip not finalized, but hopefully to Zurich!

The major project for main studio is an identity system for a neighborhood in Rome, so Meghann and I did our fist batch of exploring today.. to the Piazza del Popolo and Villa Borghese, with a pitstop at the Venetian Palace on the way.

Villa Borghese was absolutely gorgeous! It was also really refreshing to see some trees and green grass and things for once, I really enjoyed it up there. It's really too bad it's quite the trek from our apartment, but maybe some day soon, I can figure out the busses too, and get up there more easily. It would be perfect for a picnic or a lazy day of reading or something of the sort..

Italia!

View of the Colusseum from the Venetian Palace

Piazza del Popolo

near an entrance to Villa Borghese

leaves and paper

lake in Villa Borghese

A couple other thoughts: a lot of older Italian men look alike, gelato is very very good, maybe one day I will get used to all the sirens, I kind of wish we were a bit closer to Rome Center but I am glad for the tram stop right here, first rainy day today: can't decide if rain or extreme heat was more annoying, got Terry Kirk for Art History!

No comments:

Post a Comment